main functions of the Land and Development Office are as follows:-
1. Maintenance of records of all Nazul Lands acquired in 1911 for the formation of Capital at Delhi and the land comprising Rehabilitation Colonies.
2. Allotment of land to various Govt./Semi Govt. Departments and various political, social, cultural, charitable, educational and religious institutions under the direction of the Government of India.
3. Auction of land for Residential/Commercial purposes under the directions of the Government of India.
4. Administration and management of various leases granted direct by the Land & Development Officer and the Regional Settlement commissioner in Delhi/New Delhi in accordance with the terms of the lease thereof and the orders/instructions issued by the Government of India from time to time.
5. Recovery of all Government dues in respect of land under its control.
6. Eviction of Squatters of Government land and recovery of damages from them: administration of Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Act. 1971 in respect of areas under its control.
7. Maintenance of accounts of all receipts and refunds of Revenue in respect of land under its control.
8. Granting of conversion into free hold in respect of specified types of leases.
9. All matters incidental to and arising out of (i) to (vii) above.